Friday, October 8, 2010

1 day until my family arrives!

Tomorrow at this time I will be hanging out with my family!  I am so excited to see them and show them around Sevilla.  In addition to my family's visit, Irati will be joining us!  Irati was the exchange student who stayed with my family five years ago.  We have kept in contact, and she will be flying down from Bilbao to join us for a weekend in Seville.  I realized that I have friends on every continent except Antarctica! Que guay!

This past week went pretty fast.  Classes are good but are actually requiring work.  News to me, as I thought I had signed up for a semester long vacation...  I really like all of them, though.  Also, my program offers free tutoring.  I have a Spanish tutor who I will meet with for 1 hour every week.  I am going to try and finish all of my homework today so I can devout all of my time this weekend to enjoying the company of my family.

Courtney (IL), Me, Makaela (OR), Denise (CA), Jamie (OR), and Elise (NYC)

This week I also met up with my intercambio and some other Americans.  Another night I went out with a group of Spaniards and Americans to celebrate my friend Denise's 21st birthday.  Last night, Thursday, I went to tapas with Luis, Makaela, and Alison.  We went to the oldest bar in Sevilla, El Rinconcillo, which was founded in 1670.  It was pretty cool, and the spinach was amazzzing!  There was a man there, we estimated around 90 years old, who wrote us poetry.  He wrote two poems in Spanish for us, as well as gave us each (Luis not included) a flower.  The first poem said that the rubia (blonde girl) was prettier than the Andalusian sun.  Finally, someone recognizes my beauty!

Denise opening birthday pastries!

Well, back to homework!!  And then taking on Spain with my original crew, can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment