Friday, December 3, 2010

Madrid and Toledo

Forced to spend some Euros on a hat to save myself from frozen ears.

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/111161978190687820435/MadridAndToledo?authkey=Gv1sRgCND03LOottqLHw#

Last weekend I went to Madrid and Toledo.  I met my friend Sperka there.  Sperka goes to UW and is studying in Ireland this semester, so we decided to have a little weekend adventure.  It was so great to catch up!

We saw Puerta del Sol, Palacio Real, Reina Sofia Art Museum, and lots of cool plazas in Madrid.  Saturday we went to Toledo, explored the city and went to a few free museums--this continued into Sunday.  Sunday afternoon we returned to Madrid (its less than one hour by bus), and I left for Sevilla.



One of our favorite moments was when a group of about 30 Spanish kids (10ish years old) surrounded us and started talking to us.  They thought that we were English (I was insulted! ha), but when I explained we were Americanas, they kept asking us questions about the USA.  A lot of them practiced speaking English with me too.  It was a lot of fun but I have no idea how I escaped...they literally had us surrounded and pinned against a wall!



The whole weekend was fun.  We mainly just walked around the cities and talked.  I was absolutely freezing all weekend, though.  It was about 45 everyday--I am worried I have become a Sevillana and get cold if the temperature is under 60.  Might be a little chilly upon my return back...

See you in 14 days!  

1 comment:

  1. Buenas Dias, Janeio, What a European traveler you are becoming!!! You could end up being a geography professor! It seems like more fun than studying, but travel and meeting citizens of other countries is a very enlightening education in itself! What a busy weekend for us---Apple lessons early Fri AM, Aunt Kathy & Uncle Bob's open house that night, and the Madrigal Dinner at Carroll U on Sat eve. Matt was doing double duty as swimming on the Varsity at a meet as other swimmers couldn't make it, then going back and forth to winter camp, with your Mom and Dad taking turns being there. They both made it to the dinner, but neither to the open house. Here's hoping the air traffic controller strike in Spain will be over days before you need to fly home! Just had our first snowfall. TE AMO--LOVE YOU HEAPS! Buenos Noches, Gma & Gpa, too.

    ReplyDelete