Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lingüísticas Españolas


[kiéroyorár]

I am currently working on my nine page linguistics paper.  I am trying to explain things like "...Word- and phrase-final /n/ is velarized throughout Andalusia.  In more advanced pronunciation the velar nasal disappears, leaving only a lightly nasalized vowel.  This nasality sometimes disappears, particularly in final unstressed vowels, with the result that verb paradigms can be drastically simplified in vernacular speech..." 

in Spanish.

Good luck, to me.


2 comments:

  1. Re-wrote this and got the spacing fixed. Yay! It was bothering me so much. (And, seemed like a great alternative to actually working on the paper.)

    *Also, the bracketed writing is the phonetic transcription for "quiero llorar" or "I want to cry." ( Not really though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuenas Dias, Janeio, Your paper sounds like an el dolor! That you can aprender all that is amazing!! We just got about 95 Noel cards in the mail and are glad they are done. HOPE YOUR EXAMS ARE GOING WELL. LOVE YOU TONS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON. Is the controller strike over yet? Hope so. Love Gma & Gpa too.

    ReplyDelete