Wednesday, November 24, 2010

France

A foggy day in Paris
Picture link: http://picasaweb.google.com/111161978190687820435/France?authkey=Gv1sRgCPmkhK_N6KbYcw#


This past weekend I flew to Paris to meet up with my friend Charlotte.  I originally met Charlotte while she was studying abroad in Madison.

I arrived Thursday night and we took a subway and a train to get to her house just outside of Paris.  Her mom made us pumpkin soup and pizza and after eating we went straight to bed.  Her family has lived in NYC (Charlotte was born there), Singapore, Japan, and France; they all speak English perfectly.

Roland Garros
Friday we spent exploring Paris.  Charlotte surprised me and took me to Roland Garros.  We toured the facilities and museum there and then went downtown.  We ate lunch in the Latin Quarter, saw Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and the Champs Elysees.  Later, we went back to Charlotte's house, ate dinner with her mom, and went to Versailles to see the opera.  The theater is in the castle and it is gorgeous!  The opera was great too!  After, we watched an episode of "How I Met Your Mother," Charlotte's favorite show, and then went to bed.

Opera House
On Saturday, Charlotte and I went to a small city with great views of Paris.  There also is a castle there that we walked through.  We met with Charlotte's younger sister, Sybil, who is in preparatory school, and went back to her house for lunch with their mom.  After lunch the four of us went to Versailles and strolled around the grounds while the weather was nice.  Charlotte and I then went back downtown to have dinner with her dad.  It was delicious--chicken with coconut curry, salad, baked potato, and ice cream.  Her dad drove us around and we saw Paris by night.  He dropped us off at her house, we watched a few more episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and went to bed.

Sunday we toured the inside of Versailles.  Incredible!  Sadly, though, there was a Japanese art exhibit in the castle.  It was ridiculous looking (see photo).  Charlotte and her family were absolutely horrified by it.  After the tour we ate lunch and I left for Sevilla.  It was such a fun and great weekend!!

The Art Exhibit in the Castle
Basically, these posts are turning into a schedule of when I eat. whooops! haha

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!  Ohh how I will miss the turkey and stuffing; Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday.  Guess I will just have to celebrate gluttonous consumption in Spain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment